The SaskSPCA is the voice for animals and their people. We educate and promote the well-being of animals, strengthening the human-animal bond. As change-makers, we advance policy, with a focus on ensuring the sustained humane treatment of animals.
The SaskSPCA is seeking an experienced fundraiser with strong communication skills to oversee the management and growth of our fundraising programs and activities. The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized.
We’re looking for someone who will help us continue our efforts to improve the lives of animals today and into the future.
Objectives of this role
- Promote awareness of the SaskSPCA’s mission, vision, and programs
- Develop a network of dedicated donors and volunteers
- Spot new fundraising opportunities
- Manage and grow existing fundraising activities
- Form strong relationships with donors and external stakeholders
- Effectively convey our organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors
- Research individuals, corporations, and foundations interested in gift giving
- Write grant applications and fundraising proposals
- Manage existing fundraising programs
- Develop new fundraising events and promotions
- Expand and manage our monthly donor program
- Oversee the creation of marketing materials for the promotion of events and other fundraising
- Help recruit, train, motivate, and reward volunteers
- Manage a budget and track whether goals are being met
Required skills and qualifications
- Certification or diploma in fundraising or equivalent experience in fundraising, sales, or marketing
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
- A genuine interest in improving the welfare of animals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully balance priorities
- Competence with donor management systems
- Experience in writing grant proposals, media releases, and fundraising letters
- Confidence in public speaking
Full-time, term position
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 24, 2023